HFRECC Youth Capitol Tour
Hickman-Fulton RECC accepts applications each March for the
Hickman-Fulton RECC Washington Youth Tour. Join youth from across the U.S. in Washington, D.C., for an action-packed week in June to tour the nation’s capital and also learn how your government works.
Hickman-Fulton RECC will sponsor one (1) student who is in transition from his or her junior to senior year of high school. Sign up in March to be eligible.
Download and Print Application
To learn more about the Kentucky Rural Electric Washington Youth Tour click here
Requirements for Applicants
1. The student, student’s parent, or guardian must be a member of the electric cooperative.
2. Winning applicants will be selected from three (3) finalists in the essay contest. Essays will be written on the subject of “How electricity has changed in the last 50 years” and be no less than 800 words and no more than 1,500 words.
3. The deadline for the essay to be returned to the Hickman-Fulton office is March 15th each year.
4. Applicants shall be in their junior year of high school during the school year. Applicants, their parents, or legal guardian must be a cooperative member with their primary residence or business served by the cooperative.
5. The three (3) finalists will be selected to attend the Frankfort Youth Tour, which will include a daylong tour of Frankfort and visits to appropriate state government sites.
6. Applicants must not be a member of the immediate family of an employee or director of Hickman-
Fulton. Immediate family is defined as a child of an employee or director.
7. The youth tour winner will attend the weeklong Rural Electric Washington Youth Tour program, which will be held in June. The tour includes approximately 60 students from across
Kentucky and chaperones from Kentucky’s electric cooperatives, as well as students from across the country.
8. Attendance at the Hickman-Fulton Counties RECC Annual Meeting in proper business attire is required.
If you are having problems viewing or printing our rates or any other pdf documents on our site use the link above to download free of charge Adobe´s Acrobat Reader.